Established Firm Provides Legal Representation of Apartment Owners and Managers
Knowledgeable Atlanta attorneys assist landlords with key concerns
Fowler, Hein, Cheatwood & Williams, P.A. is dedicated to representing apartment owners and managers by providing efficient, effective resolution of all legal matters related to daily management operations of multifamily communities. Located in Atlanta, our boutique practice has established itself as the area’s largest practice devoted to protecting the rights and interests of landlords. As authorities on federal housing law as well as state and local regulations, we represent owners of large and small properties, who count on us for exceptional insight and advocacy. We assist with a whole host of issues, including matters relating to evictions, discrimination complaints and code compliance.
Experienced advocates provide sound legal counsel to property owners and managers
Since our firm’s founding in 1988, we have become known for our:
- Reputation among peers — Firm attorneys Robert P. Hein and J. Steven Cheatwood have earned AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of their legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work.
- Assertive advocacy — Clients who’ve turned to us for help with landlord-tenant matters know we will tirelessly advocate for their rights and work to protect their properties.
- Track record of success — Our strategic and focused approach has led to a track record of successful decisions for clients in Atlanta and throughout Georgia.
With more than 100 years of combined experience, our attorneys are fully prepared to represent your property interests when you seek our help.
Accomplished Atlanta lawyers handle a wide range of rental property issues
In advisory matters and litigation, we place all our efforts on representing the apartment owner and management. Our firm does not represent tenants. Along with our work in Georgia, we routinely consult with clients throughout the Southeastern United States, ensuring they have skilled, experienced counsel in matters relating to:
- Landlord-tenant law — For effective counsel on landlord-tenant law, including residential dispossessory cases and other apartment management concerns, property owners and others responsible for managing leased housing count on our counsel.
- Housing discrimination defense — Complaints about housing discrimination require swift action from an attorney experienced in defending against these charges. If you’ve been accused of some type of unlawful bias under the Fair Housing Act or a regulation instituted by a state or local government, our litigators forcefully counter the allegations against you.
- Premises liability defense — Various incidents can trigger a premises liability claim, including injuries allegedly caused by latent hazards and illnesses purportedly linked to mold exposure or some other type of harmful substance. Whether the situation stems from a fall, a possible security failure or something else, we can advocate for your interests or provide information regarding your property’s management policies and procedures.
- Code compliance defense — We counsel clients on a full range of code compliance issues to avert citations, forced repairs and fines relating to fire safety, construction permits and tenant complaints.
- Bankruptcy stay litigation — Once a bankruptcy stay is entered, securing an eviction becomes more complicated no matter how many rent payments have been missed. However, we understand the bankruptcy rules that allow a stay to be lifted so clients can retake possession of a debtor’s apartment.
For help with any of these legal issues, you can rely on our firm for knowledgeable counsel and highly professional service.
Speak with an experienced Georgia landlord-tenant lawyer in a free consultation
The attorneys at Fowler, Hein, Cheatwood & Williams, P.A. take a team approach to addressing client matters. Our business model allows us to provide highly focused representation on smaller matters with the ability to combine all resources on larger matters. We are experienced litigators, but we also educate our clients on compliance and proactive risk avoidance, helping them avert litigation disputes. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, please call 404-633-5114 or contact us online. Our office is in Atlanta.